You're going to be spending the rest of your lives together, so why not start making big life decisions together with the engagement ring. Shopping for engagement rings together is becoming an increasingly common occurrence and for good reason. Not only do you stress less, but you both have fun learning more about each other and your partner gets the forever ring she truly wants.
Why Shopping Together Is Better For Everyone
Upend tradition and gender norms by embarking on this journey together. There's absolutely no reason why both people shouldn't have a say in this decision. Here are a few of the main reasons why you should talk about marriage and engagement rings together:
- Some men are notoriously bad gift shoppers. Just imagine the type of havoc they could cause with thousands of dollars and no idea of your ring style or size. Throw them a bone and walk them through the world of jewelry.
- Shopping together can also give the woman exactly what she wants. Take out the guesswork by trying on different rings and letting your man know what you like and what you don't like.
- Overall, shopping together can reduce the stress and headaches associated with the dizzying world of the 4 C's and find the perfect stone. Learn to work together and you’ll thank us for it later.
How to Shop Without Spoiling the Mystery
Now that we have determined all the benefits of shopping for an engagement ring together, there are few factors to consider to help make the proposal one to remember. If you still want to keep the element of surprise alive, consider these engagement ring shopping tips:
- Do a little research online to select your favorite jewelry brands, stores, styles, and colors. Once you have a few things narrowed down, you can see the rings in person. Make the day more special by sharing a romantic meal before or after or doing something you both love on the same day. That way, you can keep the celebration going and keep surprising her along the way.
- As you shop, make note of the specific models, styles, colors, and stone shapes she likes. You can both narrow it down to a few ring options and then keep the final ring choice a mystery until the epic proposal moment.
- Before heading out and trying out different rings, you should discuss your budget to avoid any miscommunication. Shopping for a ring is a big commitment that can benefit from having two minds account for your financial future together.
- When you do go out and shop for the right ring together, make sure to try out a bunch of different styles. Putting them on can help you determine which one your partner likes much better than simply looking at the ring.
- Apart from the center stone, ask your partner what type of details she likes. Does she like accent stones, halos, three stone rings? Zeroing in on a particular style can make your job much easier and less stressful.
Shop at Rogers Jewelry Co
For the finest selection of engagement rings from today’s top engagement ring designers and unparalleled customer service, stop by Rogers Jewelry Co for a first-hand look into your romantic keepsake. Since 1937, Rogers Jewelry has helped couples find the perfect ring to represent their love.
Shop at any of our locations in Modesto, San Luis Obispo, Bakersfield, Folsom, Fresno, and Elk Grove, California. We also have a location in Reno Nevada to meet all your jewelry needs. If you can’t find a ring you like, we’ll help create a custom design that you’ll love. You can also contact us through email or by calling any of our showroom locations.